1/1 Photo of Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Casserole
2 hrs 25 mins
Here's a tasty way to get your green vegetables in! I got this recipe from Woman's World magazine but I haven't tried it out yet so let me know what you think.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf day-old Italian bread (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon oil, preferably canola
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed,squeezed dry
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, 1 cup
- 1Coat 9" deep-dish pie pan with cooking spray.
- 2Cut bread into 1/2" thick slices; cut slices into quarters.
- 3In skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- 4Add onion; cook until softened, 5 minutes.
- 5Increase heat to medium-high.
- 6Add mushrooms 1/2 tsp.
- 7thyme salt and pepper.
- 8Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 minutes.
- 9Stir in tomatoes and spinach; cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes.
- 10Arrange two-thirds of bread over bottom of pan; top with vegetable mixture.
- 11Tuck remaining bread pieces into vegetable mixture.
- 12Combine eggs milk, cheese and remaining thyme; pour over vegetables.
- 14Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 15Preheat oven to 350 degree; remove cover.
- 16Bake until cooked through and golden, about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Mushroom and Cheese Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 242.7 mg
- Sodium 996.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.8 g