Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Another stuffed burger recipe. This one with fresh spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, firmly packed
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (4 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup basil pesto
- 4 large hamburger buns, split
- 1 cup arugula, loosely packed
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- In a medium bowl, gently mix together the beef, salt and pepper.
- Using generous 1/3 cup per patty, shape the mixture into 8 patties about 1/2-inch thick.
- Refrigerate while preparing the stuffing.
- Place the spinach in a dry large saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 1-2 min or until wilted, stirring occasionally.
- Drain and cool.
- Squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Chop and place in a medium bowl.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and pesto.
- Mound about 1/4 cup packed stuffing in the center of 4 patties.
- Cover with the remaining 4 patties, and seal the edges by pressing firmly together with you fingers.
- Gently press the center of each patty to eliminate mounding.
- Heat the grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Grill for 5-6 minute.
- Flip and grill for 5-6 min more or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together all the mayonnaise ingredients.
- Place the buns, split side down, on the grill for 30-60 sec or until lightly toasted.
- Spread each bun with 2 Tbs of the mayonnaise.
- Top with a burger and some arugula, if desired.
I made these a couple of weeks ago and they were fantastic!! My whole family enjoyed them! I didn't try the mayo, but they were fine with regular fixings too. I am having another get together this Sunday and I will make these again!