Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great vegetarian soup I found at canandianliving.com. Miso however can be hard to find, it took me a while. I find mine at a natural-food store however the website says you can find it at Japanese stores or even some supermarkets.
- 1 3⁄4 cups white miso
- 1 1⁄2 zucchini
- 3 cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1.5 (454 g) packages medium firm tofu
- 1 (6 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 1 1⁄2 cups bean sprouts
- 1 1⁄2 green onions, chopped
- In large saucepan, bring 5 cups (1.25 L) water to boil. Whisk miso with 1 cup (250 mL) water; add to boiling water.
- Meanwhile, cut zucchini lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into 1/2-inch (1 cm) thick slices. Add to pan along with mushrooms; cover, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain tofu; cut into 1/2-inch (1 cm) cubes. Add to pan along with spinach; simmer until spinach wilts, about 1 minute. Serve soup garnished with bean sprouts and green onion.