Recipe by HokiesMom
A nice twist to an old standby soup.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
This is just a beautiful minestrone! I used tiny soup pasta and frozen spinach since fresh is a little expensive in WI during January. I doubled the tomatoes because we love 'em. I wouldn't hesitate to serve this pretty soup to guests.
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan coated with non-stick spray, saute onion and garlic until tender, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the broth, beans, tomatoes, carrots, macaroni and oregano.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in chopped spinach and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.