Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Indian style colourful green vegetable combination with spinach!Found this recipe in today's "Thursday" magazine(Oman's local mag that's released every Thursday with the Times Of Oman newspaper)!
- 2 1⁄2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups mixed vegetables, finely chopped (carrots, beans and cauliflower)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thymol seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 50 g panir, cubed
- 2 tablespoons curds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- Microwave oil and butter comination on HIGH for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add onions, garlic paste, aniseeds, cumin seeds, thymol seeds, turmeric powder, onion seeds, dry fenugreek leaves and plain flour.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add mixed vegetables, red chilli powder, corriander powder and black pepper powder.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes covered with a lid containing 1/2 cup water.
- Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, sweet corn and paneer.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes uncovered.
- Add salt, tomato paste, curd and cream.
- Mix and microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot with hot puris/bhatura and garnished with grated carrots and sliced tomato.
- Guideline- Use of water inside the glass lid ensures generation of steam to cook vegetables without the need to add water during the process.