Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Indian style colourful green vegetable combination with spinach!Found this recipe in today's "Thursday" magazine(Oman's local mag that's released every Thursday with the Times Of Oman newspaper)!
- 2 1⁄2 cups spinach, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups mixed vegetables, finely chopped (carrots, beans and cauliflower)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet corn, frozen
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thymol seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion seeds (kalonji)
- 1 teaspoon dry fenugreek leaves (methi leaves)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 50 g panir, cubed
- 2 tablespoons curds
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons carrots, grated
- 1 small tomatoes, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave oil and butter comination on HIGH for 2 minutes uncovered.
- Add onions, garlic paste, aniseeds, cumin seeds, thymol seeds, turmeric powder, onion seeds, dry fenugreek leaves and plain flour.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Add mixed vegetables, red chilli powder, corriander powder and black pepper powder.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes covered with a lid containing 1/2 cup water.
- Allow standing time of 2 minutes.
- Add spinach, sweet corn and paneer.
- Mix and microwave on HIGH for 3 minutes uncovered.
- Add salt, tomato paste, curd and cream.
- Mix and microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes uncovered.
- Serve hot with hot puris/bhatura and garnished with grated carrots and sliced tomato.
- Guideline- Use of water inside the glass lid ensures generation of steam to cook vegetables without the need to add water during the process.