1/2 Photos of Spinach Meatballs
1 hr 25 mins
This recipe provided by Texas Beef Council. It is lean and packed with iron. Baked, not fried and can be frozen.Update: 03/13/2010 Elainemae, a reviewer suggested we use infant's rice cereal instead of breadcrumbs and it serves a dual purpose - increase the iron content. Great idea! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, spinach, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, bread crumbs, salt & pepper.
- 3Mix all ingredients well and form into small meatballs.
- 4Place meatballs on jelly roll pan and place into preheated oven; bake for 40-50 minutes (depending on size of meatballs).
- 5While meatballs are cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- 6In a large skillet or sauce pan, pour jar of prepared spaghetti sauce.
- 7When meatballs are fully cooked, remove from oven and place in sauce.
- 8Simmer on medium heat 6-8 minutes.
- 9Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked pasta.
- 10Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 526.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.1 mg
- Sodium 781.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 36.5 g