This recipe provided by Texas Beef Council. It is lean and packed with iron. Baked, not fried and can be frozen.Update: 03/13/2010 Elainemae, a reviewer suggested we use infant's rice cereal instead of breadcrumbs and it serves a dual purpose - increase the iron content. Great idea! :)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, spinach, egg, onion powder, garlic powder, bread crumbs, salt & pepper.
- Mix all ingredients well and form into small meatballs.
- Place meatballs on jelly roll pan and place into preheated oven; bake for 40-50 minutes (depending on size of meatballs).
- While meatballs are cooking, prepare pasta according to package directions, drain and keep warm.
- In a large skillet or sauce pan, pour jar of prepared spaghetti sauce.
- When meatballs are fully cooked, remove from oven and place in sauce.
- Simmer on medium heat 6-8 minutes.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over cooked pasta.
- Top with grated Parmesan cheese.