Recipe by Baby Kato
This is another recipe from the web, which I found for our ZWT 7 - for Africa, which I have not tried. The addition of chopped peanuts to the spinach gives it a delightful crunchiness, the grated coconut is an unexpected flavor.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 ounces butter (or margarine)
- 1 cup peanuts, finely chopped (or ground)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages frozen spinach, chopped, thawed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 2-quart saucepan add the butter and saute the onions and peanuts until lightly browned.
- Next add the chopped spinach and saute until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the salt and tabasco and serve with poached or scrambled eggs.
- Top with grated coconut if using.