Recipe by Punky Julster
This is a copycat from Hometown Buffet.
Top Review by melissaroth68
To make my heart and my hips a happier I made some changes. I used 1 cup of egg beaters 1 bag of fresh spinach 1 3/4 cup fat free milk 3/4 cup fat free plain yogurt 1/2 cup fat free cheddar cheese I fried some diced onion in canola oil until brown, chopped up the spinach and fried it with the onion until wilted. Mixed everything together and topped with italian bread crumbs (no butter) baked 50 minutes and viola! YUMMY and healthy!
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 3⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter well a 9-inch glass pie plate or a 9-inch square dish.
- Beat the eggs well and beat in the salt, pepper and cream.
- Stir in the spinach and cheese.
- Pour into dish.
- Top with 1/4 to 1 cup of the crumbs and sprinkle generously with paprika.
- Dot the top with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake for 35 to 50 minutes (start checking at 35 minutes).
- Don't over-bake.