Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a real crowd pleaser that even non spinich eaters like. I usually do this when grilling steaks, chicken or pork and let it cook down while I'm grilling.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 boxes frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese
- 1 jar artichoke heart
- lemon pepper
- chili powder
- melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- thaw spinach (I do it in the microwave) and add to pan.
- cut up cream cheese into chunks and add
- cut up artichokes and add also.
- I season with salt, chili powder and salt.
- I use more than you would think until it tastes right.
- Sometimes I'll sprinkle it with Parmesan Cheese and broil it for a few minutes in the oven.
Everyone should try this one...it is soooo addictive I could eat the whole thing! Oddly enough, I am from Knoxville, TN, yet prefer this version to the iconic 'Calhoun's' recipe. I do load it down with shredded cheddar and bake at 350 for 30 minutes or so. But then, I think 'most everything is better with shredded cheddar and baking ;)