Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 package manicotti
- Thaw spinach.
- Drain well and squeeze out excess water.
- In large bowl combine spinach, ricotta,1 cup mozzarella, 1/4 cup parmesan, onion, egg, parsley, garlic and pepper.
- Combine spaghetti sauce with water.
- Pour 1 cup of sauce into a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- Stuff the UNCOOKED manicotti shells with the cheese mixture.
- Place in pan over sauce.
- Pour remaining sauce over manicotti.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake, uncovered, 40-50 minutes at 350.