Recipe by luminajd
This is from an old diabetic cookbook. In the original recipe there was no ground beef, but I think it really adds something. Excellent way to get someone to eat spinach.
- 10 manicotti
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 16 ounces low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook manicotti shells according to package directions and set aside.
- Wash fresh spinach, remove stems and steam for five minutes, squeezing out all excess liquid.
- Combine cooked ground beef, spinach, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg and pepper.
- Stuff manicotti shells with the mixture and arrange in a 9x13-inch baking dish Pour spaghetti sauce over manicotti, bake for 45 minutes.