Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Manocotti noodles stuffed with a spinach and cheese mixture. A very good meal that can be made with low fat ingredients for a nice meal on a diet!
- 10 ounces manicotti (cooked)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained)
- 1 pint low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook manocotti noodles according to al dente package directions. Rince under cold water.
- In a bowl combine spinach, cottage cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese, garlic and salt and pepper mix well.
- Stuff cheese and spinach mixture into manocotti shells and place stuffed shells into 9x13 dish.
- Top shells with any remaining mixture, pasta sauce, and then cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes covered with foil. Let sit for a few minutes before dishing up.
Very good. I added some parmesan cheese and 1 egg (because it seemed a little dry) to the cheese/spinach mixture. Otherwise, it was very good and I'll keep this recipe on hand for a nice vegetarian dish.