This is a green salad that can be made “the day before”.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 118.29 ml swiss cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 473.18 ml mushrooms, sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1Arrange torn up clean spinach leaves in bottom of medium size glass bowl. Put shredded cheese or cubed cheese on top. Spread mushrooms over cheese. Cover with sliced eggs.
- 2In small bowl cream together well, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, lemon juice and sugar. Stir in onions. Spread over top of salad right to the sides of bowl. Cover. Chill overnight. To serve, remove cover, sprinkle bacon over top.
- 3ROMAINE MAKE AHEAD: omit spinach and use Romaine lettuce in above salad. Every bit as good.
- 4VARIATION: Omit mayonnaise and sour cream. Add 8 oz. cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 5Company’s Coming Salads.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Make Ahead Salad
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 564.9
- Calories from Fat 392
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 277.5 mg
- Sodium 868.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 21.8 g