Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a green salad that can be made “the day before”.
Make and share this Spinach Make Ahead Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 bunch spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced thin
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Arrange torn up clean spinach leaves in bottom of medium size glass bowl. Put shredded cheese or cubed cheese on top. Spread mushrooms over cheese. Cover with sliced eggs.
- In small bowl cream together well, mayonnaise, sour cream, milk, lemon juice and sugar. Stir in onions. Spread over top of salad right to the sides of bowl. Cover. Chill overnight. To serve, remove cover, sprinkle bacon over top.
- ROMAINE MAKE AHEAD: omit spinach and use Romaine lettuce in above salad. Every bit as good.
- VARIATION: Omit mayonnaise and sour cream. Add 8 oz. cream cheese mixed with 1/2 cup sour cream.
- Company’s Coming Salads.