Recipe by Lori Mama
Made for my husband.
Top Review by stclair204
I loved the idea, but thought it was rather bland and not as creamy as I would have liked. I am a fan of horseradish and couldn't taste it at all. I have a recipe for mac & cheese that adds sour cream so I think next time I would do that and maybe more cheese or a little cream cheese to up the creaminess. And I will definitely increase both the mustard and horseradish to give it a little more oomph.
- 2 cups macaroni pasta, cooked
- 1 cup chopped cooked spinach
- 2 cups hot milk
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cups grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly grated nutmeg, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- In medium sized pot, over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the hot milk and cook until thickened.
- Add the spinach, cheese, seasonings, horseradish and mustard.
- Mix well.
- Combine with the cooked pasta.
- Place in a greased cassarole dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until bubbling.