Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice appetizer or to serve w/ lasagna or spaghetti.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (9 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 teaspoon fennel
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Cut bread lengthwise in half and place on a cookie sheet cut side up.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook 4 minutes.
- Add spinach, heat 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan, Italian seasoning, and fennel.
- Spread mixture evenly over bread.
- Sprinkle with tomatoes and mozzarella.
- Bake 10 minutes or until browned and bubbly.