Recipe by Timothy H.
One night coming home from the office I was thinking about what to have for dinner that is quick and same time good! So this is what I came up with.
- 1 (15 ounce) can clams, reserve the juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallots or 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 cup clam broth or 1⁄2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 lb spaghetti or 1⁄2 lb spinach linguine or 1⁄2 lb plain linguine
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil.Stir in the garlic and cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in the clam broth,wine,garlic,parsley,oregano,basil,pepper,salt and lemon juice and boil briskly over medium high heat for about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large kettle or soup pot bring the water to a bubbling boil over high heat adding1/2 teaspoon salt.Add the linguine or spaghetti and (if you desire add a 1 teaspoon oil),this will keep the pasta from sticking together.Stir it gently with a wooden spoon for a few moments to prevent from sticking together or to the bottom of the pot.
- Boil over medium high heat, for 6 minutes or until the pasta is to your liking.I like mine a little harder than most when taken from the pot as it's still cooking.Dump into a large colander, draining the water and stirring as you go, this will separate the linguine.Let drain and cover until ready to plate.
- Add the soft butter to the pasta before serving. Bring the sauce in the skillet to a boil add the clams.
- Stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes. Then pour the clams and sauce over the spaghetti, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper if needed. Serve at once.