- 1⁄2 cup lentils
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, cleaned &,torn
Directions See How It's Made
- Over high heat, in a medium saucepan, combine lentils, mustard seeds,& salt w/4 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat& simmer uncovered until lentils are just tender (about 20 mins.).
- Drain& rinse under cool water.
- In a large skillet, heat oil.
- Saute onion until soft (3-5 mins.).
- Stir in lentils, vinegar, bacon bits,& sugar.
- Cook, stirring often, until heated through (5 mins.) Stir in spinach& cook, covered, until spinach starts to wilt (2-3 mins.).
- Drain liquid& serve.