Snagged from an advertisement in Southern Living and adapted for our tastes. Wilted spinach in a lemony "gravy" to spoon over chicken and the starch of your choice. Wild rice is a nice one to try.
- Preheat oil in skillet. Cook spinach and onion over medium heat until just wilted. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour.
- Melt butter in skillet. Add chicken. Cook about 4-5 minutes per side, just until golden brown. Remove chicken to heated dish.
- Add broth, wine, lemon juice and garlic. Deglaze pan and cook sauce about 2 minutes, until reduced by half. Add spinach.
- Plate chicken over starch of choice (rice, potatoes or pasta). Pour spinach and sauce over all to serve.
- May be served "family style" by placing all on a single large platter.
My brother and I loved this, my mother tolerated it, husband wouldn't eat the spinach, 4 yr old ate the spinach but looked as if she was going to gag LOL. I still rate it 5 stars because atleast two of us thought it was a winner, but if you are not into lemony/tartish flavors you probably won't like this. My baby spinach held it's color really well, nice bright green. I didn't have dry white wine so I used some Vermouth cooking wine. I didn't use so much garlic, 1tbs and a bit maybe a 1tsp.
Great chicken dish. I love vivmom's photo because the spinach is so bright. When you saute spinach it gets a dull look. But totally delicious dinner. I served this with Lemon and Garlic Rice and a salad. Easy and tasty dinner. Made for ZWT 6.
This is truly fabulously delicious. I skipped step 1 entirely. I added 1/2 t. smoked paprika to my flour mixture for step 2. The recipe went together like clockwork for the rest of the steps; I served it over brown basmati rice. Having skipped step 1, that means I used no onion in this. It didn't need it. I'm not sure if I used 2 T. minced garlic, I simply minced 2 medium-sized cloves. Flavor of this dish was perfect and provoked many murmurings of "yum, yum, yum" around the table. Thanks ~ I'll make it again!