Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad taught me how to make this. I like it with a lot of garlic.
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 1 (13 1/4 ounce) box whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 47 ounces sargento part-skim ricotta cheese (buy 1 lb. and a 15 oz.container)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of kraft grated parmesan asiago and romano cheese blend
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1.5 (26 ounce) jars Prego spaghetti sauce (doctered up however you like)
- Boil lasagne for about 10 minute It doesn't have to be completely done, it will continue cooking in the oven.
- Defrost spinach (about 5 minute in the microwave) and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all cheeses, spinach, spices, and eggs, but set aside half the mozzarella for later.
- Layer sauce, pasta, then cheese mixture in a 9 x 11 pan. You should put the sauce down first, then lasagne, then cheese mixture, then more sauce, more lasagne, more cheese mixture, then lasagne, then sauce.
- Bake for about an hour at 350 degrees; the sauce should be hot and bubbly on top or insert a knife to make sure the center is hot.
- Sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top and put back in oven for about 5 minutes or until melted.
- Let sit for about 5-10 minutes before serving.