Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is such an easy way to make lasagna. The noodles are individually rolled instead of layered. It's pretty enough to serve to guests! I really love this and hope that you do too. :-)
- 8 -10 lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, for topping (approx. amt.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles according to the package directions.
- Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Set aside.
- Squeeze out as much moisture from the spinach as possible.
- Stir together spinach, 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, ricotta cheese, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
- Spread about 1/4 cup of the spinach mixture along entire length of each noodle; roll up noodles.
- Stand rolled noodles on end and slightly apart in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over noodles.
- Bake, covered at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Serve as is, or put in oven until cheese melts.
Made these yummy lasagna roll-ups tonight for dinner. Once the pasta has been cooked, these rolls come together quickly. The only change I made was to omit the nutmeg. Served with a side salad.
Yum! We enjoyed these lasagna rolls for dinner last night and enjoyed them very much. I used fresh made ricotta from a local market and fresh spinach that I "chopped" in the food processor. Used Paul Newman's marinara sauce, which was very flavorful. Our only comment is that we could have got away with using a much smaller pan than 9x13; maybe even 8x8. Either way, we enjoyed our dinner. Thanks! Made for Spring 2013 PAC.
This was a great dinner and as you stated very easy to make. I really like this because I'm on my own now and don't need to go through all the fuss and muss of a layered lasagna and tons of left overs. I made 4 rolls(2 lunches and 2 dinners) For the sauce I used "Nif's 1 Ww Pt. Spaghetti Sauce" # 397795, I served with garlic bread and salad. It was really enjoyed thank for posting.