Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Linda's Low Carb Recipes. Very low carb.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces frozen spinach, chopped, thawed & drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (canned or fresh)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Brown hamburger with onion; drain off the fat.
- Mix in garlic powder and spaghetti sauce; season to taste and heat until bubbly.
- Soften the cream cheese in medium-size mirowaveable bowl for about 40-60 seconds. Stir until creamy. Beat in egg and pepper with a spoon until well mixed. Blend in the spinach.
- Spread half of meat mixture evenly in bottom of greased 8"x8" glass baking pan. Spread spinach mixture over the meat. Top with mozzarella, then the rest of the meat (OK if it doesn't completely cover the top). Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake at 350 about 30 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- OR cover with plastic wrap and vent one corner, then microwave on high for 3 minutes; then reduce to medium and cook for another 7-10 minutes until hot and bubbly.
- Let stand for 3 minutes before serving.