Recipe by BecR
Traditional oven-baked layered lasagna, without the fuss of boiling the noodles! Comes out perfect every time. So delicious, and one of our top favorites. This lasagna is great served with a tossed salad and Mom's Onion Parmesan Bread Mom's Easy Onion-Parmesan Topped Bread #109257, and a nice bottle of Italian Chianti or Lambrusco wine! Leftovers are yummy the following day, if you are fortunate enough to have any. NOTE: Please do not alter the liquid to solid ratio. Just follow the easy instructions for perfect lasagna, every time. P.S. Recipe can be made ahead; use a disposable aluminum pan and bake, freeze and reheat all in the same pan. Or, you can assemble the lasagna without baking it and then freeze it, baking it on the day it will be served. Enjoy!
Top Review by nimblenana
Excellent!! I loved not having to boil the noodles in advance. I used Hot Italian sausage, added mushrooms and onionsto the sauce, used fresh baby spinach and used pepper jack cheese. With just two of us, I put 3 dinners in the freezer. This is the lasagne recipe I've been looking for! thank you.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 32 ounces prepared spaghetti sauce (I use a 26 ounce jar of Classico spaghetti sauce, plus 6 ounces diced fresh or canned tomatoes)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach (or frozen, no need to defrost)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large skillet or stock pot, brown ground beef and onion; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce. Simmer 10 minutes (to heat through), stirring occasionally.
- In medium bowl, combine mozzarella cheese, fresh or frozen spinach, ricotta cheese, eggs and garlic powder; stir until well blended.
- In 13-by-9-inch baking dish, layer 1/2 of the uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/2 of the meat mixture, all of the spinach mixture, remaining half of noodles and meat sauce. Pour the 1/3 cup of water over lasagna. Cover snugly with foil.
- Bake covered at 350 F for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil from lasagna; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly and noodles are tender.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yields 8 servings.
- Serve with a tossed salad, Mom's Onion Parmesan Bread #109257 and a nice bottle of red wine (such as Italian Chianti, Lambrusco, or Red Rose). Any leftovers are great reheated the next day.
- NOTE: Recipe can be made ahead; use a disposable aluminum pan and bake, freeze and reheat all in the same pan. Or, you can assemble the lasagna without baking it and then freeze it, baking it on the day it will be served.