Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe. I got the original recipe from my sisterhood cookbook and changed it to make it even healthier. Terrific with a green salad and crusty Italian bread.
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 4 egg whites (or the equivalent Egg Beaters) or 3 eggs (or the equivalent Egg Beaters)
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese, i use low fat or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, use your favorite
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the mozarella cheese, eggs or egg substitute, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, spinach, salt, oregano and pepper.
- Mix well.
- In the prepared pan, layer 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 of the uncooked noodles and 1/2 of the cheese-spinach mixture.
- Repeat the layers.
- End with sauce on top.
- Pour the 1 cup of water around the edges of the lasagna.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Let stand covered for at least 15 minutes.
I really liked this recipe. I didn't quite use the full amount of water called for and it was still good. It was even better after it cooled! I will make it again.
Oh my.....I totally fell in love with this dish. I followed the recipe exactly but also added sauteed onions and mushrooms in between layers. Thanks for sharing!!
I made this with Bertolli Vodka Sauce and cottage cheese... along with the green beans in recipe #136591. This was the best meal I've ever eaten, bar none.