1/1 Photo of Spinach Lasagna
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I love this recipe. I got the original recipe from my sisterhood cookbook and changed it to make it even healthier. Terrific with a green salad and crusty Italian bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups low fat mozzarella, shredded
- 4 egg whites (or the equivalent Egg Beaters) or 3 eggs (or the equivalent Egg Beaters)
- 24 ounces small curd cottage cheese, i use low fat or 24 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (16 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce, use your favorite
- 1 cup water
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- 3In a large bowl, combine the mozarella cheese, eggs or egg substitute, cottage cheese or ricotta cheese, spinach, salt, oregano and pepper.
- 4Mix well.
- 5In the prepared pan, layer 1/2 cup sauce, 1/3 of the uncooked noodles and 1/2 of the cheese-spinach mixture.
- 6Repeat the layers.
- 7End with sauce on top.
- 8Pour the 1 cup of water around the edges of the lasagna.
- 9Cover tightly with aluminum foil.
- 10Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- 11Remove from oven.
- 12Let stand covered for at least 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.9
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 20.8 mg
- Sodium 822.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 23.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low fat mozzarella