Recipe by AmyZoe
I used fresh spinach instead of frozen and substituted Philadelphia Cooking Cream because I didn't have ricotta. Overall, this is terrific, and you won't be disappointed. Recipe courtesy of 2008 Taste of Home Annual Recipes.
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 20 ounces chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 30 ounces fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 30 ounces tomato sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse in cold water and drain well. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, egg white, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, garlic, basil, pepper, and nutmeg. Combine mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan cheese.
- In a 13x9x2 inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer 3 noodles, 3/4 cup tomato sauce, 1 cup spinach mixture, and 3/4 cup cheese mixture. Repeat layers three times.
- Bake at 375 uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes before cutting.