Recipe by HotMitts
I have served this along side my regular lasagna at many family gatherings. It's a great meatless option and always a hit!
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked al dente in well salted water
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and sqeezed dry
- 3 cups cottage cheese
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the lasagna noodles, drain well and set aside.
- Thaw, drain, and thoroughly dry spinach.
- In small skillet melt 2 Tbsp butter and saute chopped onions until very tender. Cool then combine with spinach.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, grated monterrey jack, and eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Divide mixture in to two seperate bowls.
- Add the spinach and onion mixture to one of the bowls containing half of cottage mixture. Combine well.
- Butter 9x13 baking dish. Place 4 lasagna noodles on bottom. Spread all of the cottage/spinach mixture on top. Dot with butter.
- Place remaining 4 lasagna noodles on top and the remaining cottage monterrey mixture on top. Dot with butter.
- Sprinkle with cheddar and paprika.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 minutes.
- Let stand 20 minutes before slicing.