Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family’s favorite lasagna with low fat ricotta and spinach
Make and share this Spinach Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 16 ounces Italian turkey sausage
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 15 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces graded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces fresh spinach
- 2 (15 ounce) cans spaghetti sauce
- 16 sheets no-boil lasagna noodles
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove casings from sausage; break apart and brown in olive oil.
- Dice onion and add to sausage.
- Mince garlic and add to sausage mixture cook till sausage is browned. Add chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- Mix in large bowl eggs, ricotta, half of parmesan cheese and half of mozzarella cheese mix well add salt and pepper.
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Place 4 lasagna sheets on top, Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture add 1/2 of sausage mixture and 1/2 of spinach, sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce and place 4 lasagna sheets on top, Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture.
- Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce. Place 4 lasagna sheets on top, Spread 1/3 of cheese mixture add 1/2 of sausage mixture and 1/2 of spinach, sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Place 4 lasagna sheets on top, Pour 1 cup spaghetti sauce over top, sprinkle a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese and remaining Graded parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil tent keep off the cheese, place baking dish on a cookie sheet in case the lasagna boils over and bake for 60 minute.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 min remove from oven and let cool for 15 min before slicing.