Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
A very nice alternative to heavy meat lasagnas. Be sure to let it rest for a while before serving (or make it the day before) to let it set up; otherwise it will fall apart on you.
- 2 lbs cottage cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1 tsp. dried parsley)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed of liquid
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- In a bowl, mix together cottage cheese, eggs, parsley, butter, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grease a 13x9 casserole. Place a layer of noodles, cottage cheese mixture, spinach, Monterey jack cheeses, and Parmesan cheese. Continue layering and make sure top layer consists of the two cheeses.
- Bake at 350 degress for a 1/2 hour or until hot and bubbly. Important: Allow to rest for a while before serving.