Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have not tried this yet. I received it from my aunt who is one of the best cooks and I go to her if I have cooking questions. I plan on trying this soon.
- 9 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 7 ounces roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, drained and thawed
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 30 1⁄2 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook lasagna noodles 10-12 minutes or until tender but firm. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain well.
- In a large skillet, cook onion, mushrooms, and garlic in hot margarine until tender but not brown. Stir in sweet peppers. Set aside.
- Pat spinach dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, stir together spinach, ricotta cheese, mozarella cheese, the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, oregano, and 1/4 teaspoon peppers. Stir sweet pepper mixture into spinach mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce evenly in a 3 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce.
- Layer noodles with half the sweet pepper/spinach mixture and 1 cup of spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat layers, ending up with noodles.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with the 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake about 10 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes.