Recipe by SweetAsHoney
My husbands favorite food. My mother-in-law gave me the recipe when we got married so that my husband wouldn't be without it. You can really put things in any order. Sometimes I put in a layer of the mozzarella in the middle. Sometimes I add sliced mushrooms or soy fake meat. The real secret is the more sauce and cheese, the better.
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- 2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce
- ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1⁄2-1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 (32 ounce) bag spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover the bottom of a rectangle pan with sauce (just enough to cover.) I use the large deep foil pan. It is best to use a pan deep enough to leave room at the top, so that foil doesn't touch the lasagne and get stuck on the cheese.
- Put a layer of lasagna noodles (uncooked)--kind of overlap them. I usually overlap 4 to fit across the pan.
- Now put a layer of ricotta cheese. Spread thinly across the noodles.
- Pour on sauce.
- Then spinach and more sauce.
- Repeat: Noodles, ricotta, sauce, spinach, sauce. Noodles, ricotta, sauce, spinach, sauce.
- End with noodles.
- Pour sauce over.
- Then really end with grated mozzarella.
- Cover pan tightly with foil, put in oven at 350 degrees and cook about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and some french bread (whole wheat is best!) and you have a great meal.