Recipe by PatsyAnnie
This is an excellent, fairly simple meatless lasagna. You'll never miss the meat.
Top Review by A Messy Cook
Not bad. I didn't care for the sour cream flavor though (and I usually love sour cream). Too much tang for me. I also thought it produced a rather grainy texture. I think I'll use this recipe again, but just put in 24 ounces ricotta and omit the sour cream.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 -10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well.
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, eggs, spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- In a greased 9 x 13" casserole, layer in the following order: 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce, a layer of lasagna noodles, 1/2 the spinach-cheese mixture, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Finish with remaining 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour at 350º.
- Uncover and continue cooking for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let it set for 15 minutes before serving.