Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is an excellent, fairly simple meatless lasagna. You'll never miss the meat.
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 -10 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well.
- Mix together the spaghetti sauce, tomato paste and sugar.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the ricotta cheese, sour cream, eggs, spinach and Parmesan cheese.
- In a greased 9 x 13" casserole, layer in the following order: 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce, a layer of lasagna noodles, 1/2 the spinach-cheese mixture, 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese.
- Finish with remaining 1/3 of the spaghetti sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake 1 hour at 350º.
- Uncover and continue cooking for 15 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let it set for 15 minutes before serving.
Not bad. I didn't care for the sour cream flavor though (and I usually love sour cream). Too much tang for me. I also thought it produced a rather grainy texture. I think I'll use this recipe again, but just put in 24 ounces ricotta and omit the sour cream.
This was fine. We added some crumbled feta to the sour cream sauce for more flavor. It really was just a regular old lasagna, though. There really isn't anything particularly special about it. It did use up my frozen spinach, though, which is a bonus.
Wonderful recipe, and very easy, thank you! Have made this twice now with a few modifications. I used home made cottage cheese (Cottage Cheese) because it's easy, cheaper, and healthier. I also mashed some white beans into the cheese mixture to add a little extra protein. We didn't have lasagna noodles, so I used rice paper, for a surprisingly good gluten-free alternative. I also used fresh spinach, so I didn't mix it into the cheese, just layered it on top and paked it down. Seemed to work just fine. I also skipped the sugar.