Prep 2 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
My great-aunt's recipe. I like to turn the oven up a bit at the end, to make sure that the top crisps up.
- 16 ounces egg noodles
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups Coffee-mate (liquid)
- 2 envelopes Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1⁄4 lb butter
- Cook egg noodles, and drain.
- Beat eggs together with Coffee Mate and onion soup mix.
- In an 8x13 casserole dish, mix noodles, spinach, and egg mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, in preheated oven.
A star rating wouldn't be fair for as much as I changed this recipe, but it was quite good as a foundation for creativity. Used the noodles, eggs and spinach and added a cheese mix to make a pretty decent casserole. It would have been better with chopped onions. I thought that it was great. DH thought that I added too much spinach (as I did overdo it). Maybe next time I'll use fresh spinach and remember the onions. Thank you for helping me to recreate a childhood memory.
This was good; but, we didn't really love it.
this was really good, but i think next time i will use 1 envelope of onion soup mix just because it was a bit too spicy for us. i did use margarine to make this a non dairy dish and coffe rich in place of coffeemate(same thing). good holiday recipe