Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I have a spinach with strawberry salad that I wanted to make, but only had a kiwi, so I came up with this. Plus, I needed it in a hurry, so used the prepared dressing. DH volunteered that he loved the fruit in the salad, so...
- 2 1⁄2 ounces fresh spinach leaves (half a 5 oz. package)
- 1 large kiwi
- 2 baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds (can substutute pine nuts)
- 2 tablespoons prepared poppy seed dressing
- Put spinach in serving bowl.
- Peel and slice kiwi; cut each slice in fourths. Add to spinach.
- Grate carrots into spinach.
- Add red onion and almonds.
- Pour on poppy seed dressing to taste.
- Toss and serve.
Great salad, though I'm personally not thrilled with poppy seed dressing. Loved the mix of flavors and colors in this salad. Thanks for posting Linky. Made for Spring PAC 2010!
This is a very nice and fresh-tasting spinach salad! I love the combo of the carrots and kiwi and the almonds added a nice crunch. I don't care for onions so left them out, otherwise made as directed. I used the full 2T of dressing and will use less next time. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009