Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From South of the Fork, the Junior League of Dallas, 1987. I am posting recipes that appeal to me for safe keeping.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, frozen, chopped
- 4 tablespoons onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook spinach according to package instructions and drain thoroughly.
- In a small skillet , saute onions and mushrooms in butter.
- Place spinach in a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Lightly, but thoroughly, mix in mushroom mixture.
- Spread the tomato paste over the spinach, then cover with a thin layer of sour cream.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until heated through.