Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
Its a treat and feast in this hot summer here in the Sultanate of Oman, Middle East!
Top Review by Girl from India
Mix theed chilli powder, cumin powder, a little sugar and black salt (to taste) to the curd and then temper only with mustard seeds in a tsp of oil. For a slight variation of the same recipe. This is my recipe for Palak raita. I tried yours and it is as good.
- 225 g spinach
- 1000 g plain yogurt, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and wash spinach.
- Discard the stems.
- Steam over low heat until tender.
- Drain well and chop finely.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Fry mustard seeds until they start spluttering.
- Then add cumin, fenugreek and corriander seeds.
- Stir well.
- Fry until fenugreek (methi) seeds turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add red chilli powder and salt.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in yoghurt.
- Mix well.
- Add spinach.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle little corriander powder on top.
- Serve chilled.