Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Its a treat and feast in this hot summer here in the Sultanate of Oman, Middle East!
Make and share this Spinach in Spicy Yoghurt (Palak Raita) recipe from Food.com.
- Clean and wash spinach.
- Discard the stems.
- Steam over low heat until tender.
- Drain well and chop finely.
- Heat oil in a small pan.
- Fry mustard seeds until they start spluttering.
- Then add cumin, fenugreek and corriander seeds.
- Stir well.
- Fry until fenugreek (methi) seeds turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat.
- Add red chilli powder and salt.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir in yoghurt.
- Mix well.
- Add spinach.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle little corriander powder on top.
- Serve chilled.
Mix theed chilli powder, cumin powder, a little sugar and black salt (to taste) to the curd and then temper only with mustard seeds in a tsp of oil. For a slight variation of the same recipe. This is my recipe for Palak raita. I tried yours and it is as good.
Spinach is one of my favorite vegetables and I lilke to thank you for posting this refreshing side dish. We had this with other Indian dishes and it replaced the raita I usually make. I doubled the spinach and used only one tablespoon of the oil.