Recipe by CardaMom
This is one of our favorites! I love the combination of the crispy puff pastry crust and the delicious spinach and cheese filling. This recipe works well with mushrooms too.
Top Review by Mirj
Really easy, really yummy, really fattening! Who cares, this is a "so-worth-it" diet buster. I made this as part of the November 2003 Make a Chef weekend, and consider this one of my best choices!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F Line 9x13 inch casserole with puff pastry, stretching pastry half way up sides of casserole dish Prick puff pastry in several places with fork Bake at 400 F for approximately 12 minutes, until golden brown If pastry has puffed up, compress pastry Sprinkle half the cheese over puff pastry Spread spinach evenly over cheese Sprinkle remaining cheese over spinach.
- In small bowl mix eggs, milk, garlic powder, oregano, nutmeg, salt and pepper Pour egg mixture over casserole Top casserole with lattice of puff pastry strips Bake casserole for additional 20-25 minutes, until lattice is golden brown.