Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is sooooooooooooooooo good....even non spinach eaters like it!
- 2 loaves round crusty bread (I recommend King's Hawaiian)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced onions
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts (I don't add these because I hate water chestnuts..it is fine with or without these)
- Combine all ingredients except bread.
- Cut circle in top of one loaf of bread and hollow it out,adding filling to inside of bread.
- Cut remaining loaf into cubes.
- Serve with small knife to spread filling on cubes.
This is a great recipie... the error is in the amount of Knorr soup mix... rather than 1 cup ... it should read 1 envelope. This is a recipie that I have made for years. Forget the little knife to spread the dip onto the breadcubes... once you start, your guests will be looking for a shovel! YES it's THAT GOOD!
I have been making this for years and enjoying at friends' homes, as well. Even my spinach-detesting son can eat it with a spoon! I had lost the recipe, so I really appreciate the post. Thanks!
I had to rate this as 'OK' because it wasn't bad, but it has a certain 'after-taste' to it. I'm sure that it's because of the Knorr vegetable soup mix. I'll definitely try making it again, but I'm going to try a different mix of herbs and spices. Thanks for giving me a great base for a new project! :)