Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great with pita chips and veggies. So easy to make!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 6 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- salt, to taste
- Combine all ingredients except spinach in food processor and process until smooth. If necessary, add tsps of water to thin consistency.
- Add the spinach and process until smooth and dark green.
- Chill to blend flavors before serving.
This was really good (and cheap!). I used an old tip to blend the tahini with the lemon juice first to make a cream sauce, then add the other ingredients, than the spinach. I also used homemade tahini. Love it!
I have never made hummus before. Had no idea it would be so easy. Kicked up the garlic and lemon a bit but otherwise made as directed. thanks so much for sharing. Made for ZWT6 Seasoned Sailor and his Sassy Sirens.
Delicious recipe and ever so easy to prepare! I don't ever purchase hummus in the store prepared. It is so simple to make and tastes so much better when you prepare it fresh!! I made exactly 1/2 this recipe for only the two of us, using fresh baby spinach leaves and dried parsley. I served with organic blue corn tortilla & pretzel chips. Thanks again, *Parsley*, for another delicious recipe!!