Recipe by Oolala
With coconut and soy sauce. It sounded so different that I had to post it. It is from a Connecticut compilation cookbook and the comment there states "the best spinach dish you've ever tasted" but I haven't make yet so I can't vouch for that. I hope it is the best! Note-can be made up to 2 days prior and keep in the refrigerator.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed. drained, chopped
- 3 cups cottage cheese, drained
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Place spinach on paper towels and squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine spinach, cottage cheese and coconut.
- In a blender, combine eggs, sour cream, flour and soy sauce. Blend until smooth.
- Fold into spinach mixture.
- Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2 quart casserole.
- Refrigerate, covered for up to 2 days or bake now.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.