Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Romance plus healthy.
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 (12 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup shallot, minced
- 3⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- Cut out 6 1-inch hearts from the red bell peppers.
- Thaw, drain, and squeeze the spinach.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil 6 custard cups.
- Put a heart into the bottom of each cup, skin down.
- Put butter and shallots into skillet and cook until tender.
- Put into a large bowl with cheese, crumbs and nutmeg: add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Slightly warm the milk and cream and beat into the egg mixture.
- Stir in spinach, add pepper.
- Pour into cups Put cups into a large pan and place in the lower part of the oven.
- Add about 1-2 inch water to bottom of the pan.
- Bake 40 minutes or until the knife comes out clean from center.
- Cool out of water for a few minutes.
- Cut closely around sides with a sharp knife.
- Invert onto plate.