Recipe by Kennasmommy
I found this recipe in Woman's Day like 10 years ago. This is a great way to get spinach into your diet without the taste. My family hates spinach and you can't even taste it in this great recipe! Plus it is a great way to use your leftover ham from holiday parties!
Top Review by donnaarch
Thank you. I have never made a quiche before and was always intimidated by the thought of it being complex. This was easy and very good. I doubled the recipe and added half bacon instead of all ham. It was shared with 5 other families who all ate it and loved it and asked where I got the recipe.
- 1 pie crust
- 2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach (thaw, squeeze out excess water)
- 1 bunch green onions or 1 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 small tomatoes, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place crust in pie dish. Pierce with crust with fork to prevent bubbles. PLace dish on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crust is dry.
- Let cool.
- Whish together eggs and milk. Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into crust. **.
- Sprinkle top with shredded cheese and top with tomatoes.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Note : You may use 1 cup chives, chopped.
- **Extra egg mixture can be poured into ramekins and baked on cookie sheet with pie.