Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this recipe on a card from the local market. I often pick these up and then play around to fit my own taste or lesson prep time. this was quite good and quick but definitely not low calorie!
- 2 (13 7/8 ounce) packages Pillsbury refrigerated classic pizza crust (I used great value brand)
- 7 ounces cream cheese
- 2 (13 1/2 ounce) cans spinach, drained (you can use fresh about 4 cups chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -2 1⁄2 cups ham, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom (fresh or canned, your choice. I used a small can of sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg white, beaten
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Spread out your pizza dough.
- In a big bowl combine spinach, basil, cream cheese, egg and parmesan.
- In frying pan saute Ham, Onion, Mushroom and Garlic in butter.
- While that"s cooking, spread you spinach in a 4 inch wide strip down the center of each dough.
- Layer your Ham mix on top of the spinach.
- Now you can cut strips down both sides and criss cross them from left to right to have that braided look. I crossed the tops and bottoms first to make a little pocket so nothing runs out the ends during baking.
- Brush the top with your egg white, sprinkle with more parmesan.
- Bake at 350 for 25 to 30 minute.
- To warm leftovers. put it in the microwave for twenty seconds then the toaster oven to crisp it back up!