Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Refrigerated store-bough pizza dough makes this recipe easy, but you can use your own favorite pizza dough for this recipe, you will need enough dough to make a 14 x 9-inch rectangle.
- 1 (4 1/4 ounce) canunderwood deviled ham
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup finely shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- black pepper
- salt (optional)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste) (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and hand-sueezed dry)
- 1 (13 ounce) canrefrigerated prepared pizza crust
- 1 egg, mixed with
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare and ungreased baking sheet.
- In a bowl combine the deviled ham with 1 egg; mix well to combine.
- Add in the shredded cheese, green onion, chopped spinach and black pepper; mix well to combine.
- Add in salt and Tabasco to taste (if using).
- Unroll the refrigerated pizza dough and place on a surface.
- Press out using your hands to a 14 x 9-inch rectangle.
- In a small cup or bowl whisk together 1 egg with the 1 teaspoon cold water.
- Brush the egg/water mixture over the dough (save the remaining mixture to brush on top of filled dough).
- Spread the spinach mixture lenghwise in a 4-inch wide strip down the center of the dough to within 1/4-inch of each end.
- Using a sharp knife make slits 1-inch apart on the longs sides of rectangle, just to the edge of the filling.
- Fold strips of dough alternately over the filling to create a braid.
- Fold the ends of the braid under to seal.
- Brush top with remaining egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.