1/1 Photo of Spinach, Ham and Potato Au Gratin
A delicious casserole that has a surprise spinach layer in addition to the traditional ham and potatoes. All baked in a delicious cheesy sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 2 cups cooked ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2For the cheese sauce; in a saucepan melt butter or margarine; stir in flour.
- 3Add milk all at once.
- 4Cook and stir until bubbly; cook 1 minute more.
- 5Remove from heat.
- 6Stir in cheddar cheese and mustard; set aside.
- 7Place half of the ham strips in an ungreased 2-quart casserole dish.
- 8Top with half of the hash browns and half of the cheese sauce.
- 9Spoon the spinach on top of the cheese sauce.
- 10Repeat layers of the remaining ham, potatoes and sauce.
- 11Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Ham and Potato Au Gratin
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.4
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 74.0 mg
- Sodium 265.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 19.7 g