Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a lovely supper dish. A delicious way to serve spinach and great for vegetarians! Very easy to put together.
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f.
- Heat oil in a small pan and cook onion for 4 minutes till soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the spinach in a large pan with only the water that clings to the leaves.
- Heat gently until wilted, cool, then squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Roll out pastry or use frozen slices, cut into desired shape and spread pesto sauce on the pastry.
- In a bowl put grated cheese (reserving 1 tablespoons for topping,) onion, egg, salt and pepper and spinach and mix.
- Place in the centre of the pastry and pinch or fold up around the edges and sprinkle the reserved cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.