Recipe by packeyes
I have not tried this. It came from a family friend and sounds quite good. If you make, please let me know servings, and prep time so I can fill those amounts in.
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, grated
- 17 1⁄2 ounces frozen pastry dough, sheets thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain spinach well - press between paper towels.
- Melt 2 TB butter in skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minute
- Stir together spinach, mushrooms and cheese. Set aside.
- Roll 1 pastry sheet into a 13 X 11 rectangle. Melt other 2 TB butter. Brush 1/2 melted butter over pastry. Spread 1/2 spinach mixture over butter. Roll up jelly-roll fashion, starting with long side.
- Repeat procedure with remaining pastry sheet, butter and spinach mixture.
- Wrap rolls in plastic and refrigerate up to 2 days. Cut rolls into 1/4'' thick slices.
- Place on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes at 350 F or until golden brown.